Saturday, November 3, 2012

Announcing Critical Meltdown

I'm working on a 2D cave flying game inspired by Descent: Critical Meltdown, and I'll be blogging about the development here.

The concept is simple enough.  You command a small space ship, you need to navigate your way to the bottom of a cave, destroy reactor cooling at the bottom, and escape back out the top before the reactor blows.  Along the way you'll find various weapons, power-ups, and enemies to fight.

I'm implementing the game in JavaScript using Canvas for rendering.  I'm by no means an artist, so the graphics will be relatively simple vector graphics.  The plan right now is to procedurally generate the levels, although if they end up being too monotonous I may need to step in and add some hand-crafted customization to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment